Funny Evening

>> Friday, May 7, 2010

So, Mom and Dad were in town and they took us to Chuck-A-Rama. Our healthy challenge was the main topic of conversation. Including the kids. Ian kept telling Dad/Grandpa that he was going to have to tell everyone that he was drinking Root Beer. Travis was trying to justify things we could eat such as cinnamon pull-aparts (they weren't part of the dessert bar) and sugar-free frozen yogurt was fine, but rest assured Mom and I stayed strong. Dad on the other hand did not. He just kept saying, "I'm breaking the rules tonight," in his funny tone.
It's been almost a week. Just two more days and I'm sure most of us are saving our free day for Mother's Day, so enjoy!!

3 comments:

Kamilla Bell May 7, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

I love that story. I'm glad you girls stayed strong!!! I actually officially stated today as my free day. Nick and I had gourmet nachos for lunch, soda, and a brownie. YUM. I hope I can stay strong when I jump back in tomorrow. =( Might be hard.

Christy May 7, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

Diana, that is so funny about the men and their justifications!

Kelsey Peterson May 8, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

haha I love grandpa. I totally would have joined him. and have been rebellious and "broke the rules" rather than a free day (haha)
sounds fun and I am glad you were able to do it at a restaurant.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP